Help your student prepare for life at College.
Helpful Daily Living Skills
- Take care of your health and grooming (e.g. shower daily, use deodorant, take own medication)
- Clean and organize your room every day
- Work on Debit/Credit card management
- Cash money management
- What you need v. what you want (e.g. dorm cleaning supplies, food, clothing, and video games)
- Navigation and Map skills
- How to maintain a clean living space (e.g. throwing things away, taking out the trash, cleaning up after yourself)
- Meal prep and dining options
- Communication skills (e.g. in-person, text, FaceTime, and phone)
Helpful Academic skills
- Drafting emails
- Utilizing computer for school/homework
- Time management and understanding daily schedules (e.g. calendars, organizers, and alarms)
- Practice writing skills and reading skills
- Work with calculator
- Accessing community for additional learning opportunities
Parent/Family Resource Frequently asked questions to prepare for student transition to college.
COVID-19 Response at the U of A Helpful information to address common questions about.